cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OMP admin distance

maxnpj
Level 1
Level 1

OK...this might the dopey question of the day but how do I see the administrative distance of an OMP route? I'm trying to walk through the OMP path selection process and step 3 is "Lower admin distance"...Ok...where do I see that?

"sh omp route <prefix/mask>" doesn't show AD

"sh omp routes <prefix/mask> detail" shows alot of info but not an "AD" unless it's there using some word other than "AD"

"show ip routes vpn 1 <prefix/mask> detail" shows AD (listed as "distance"), but is that the OMP AD? I'm asking because that output came from the "sh ip route" command as shown below:

show ip routes vpn 1 10.11.12.0/24 detail
""--------------------------------------------
VPN 1 PREFIX 10.11.12.0/24
--------------------------------------------
proto omp
distance 250
metric 0
uptime 1:21:19:27
omp-tag 1011
tloc-ip 10.99.98.1
tloc-color public-internet
tloc-encap ipsec
nexthop-label 1002
status F,S

VPN 1 PREFIX 10.11.12.0/24
proto omp
distance 250
metric 0
uptime 1:21:19:27
omp-tag 1011
tloc-ip 10.99.98.1
tloc-color private1
tloc-encap ipsec
nexthop-label 1002
status F,S

So...maybe that's the output used to find it, but I wanted to be sure since it seems that the OMP AD is found using the "sh ip route" command.

Thanks for the beginner lesson.....

2 Replies 2

Hi,

AD ,in general, not parameter of protocols like metric. It is locally significiant based on Operating System (that is reason, why one protocol AD value may be different on different vendor platforms). Hence, it is seen in routing table (show ip route), not in protocol route information database (like show omp routes or show ip eigrp topology).

Originally OMP has 250 AD value in vEDGE platforms. For cEDGE it is 251, because NHRP has 250 AD which exists in Cisco OS before SD-WAN.

What you see in output (distance 250) is exactly AD value for routes in vEDGE platforms.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/routing/vEdge-20-x/routing-book/m-unicast-routing.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/routing/ios-xe-17/routing-book-xe/m-unicast-routing.html

The second like is for cEDGE (IOS XW SD-WAN). Although table shows 250 (looks like errata), if you see next show outputs, you will see 251 value.

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: