cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pinging devices on same VLAN MX84

3rclwarwick
Level 1
Level 1

I have a MX84, and today, I am not able to ping a device on LAN port 3 to Lan port 6 in the native vlan1. Bother devices are in the same network with the same DGwy and same netmask. I can ping from the dashborad to the internet, 8.8.8.8, and can ping the local interface 192.168.40.254, but not to .18.... both ports show active

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

3rclwarwick
Level 1
Level 1

There is apparently a known issue, though not publicized where the MX84 continues to provide DHCP even though the function is turned off. It requires a couple of configuration pushes to get it to free up. So the ability to ping is not there because it is assigning the incorrect subnet to the LAN interface causing the failures. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what devices they are ? from that device are you able to ping gateway and Google ?  - If yes then  check Local FW (windows devices)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

3rclwarwick
Level 1
Level 1

There is apparently a known issue, though not publicized where the MX84 continues to provide DHCP even though the function is turned off. It requires a couple of configuration pushes to get it to free up. So the ability to ping is not there because it is assigning the incorrect subnet to the LAN interface causing the failures.