Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question for application aware routing prefered color

I have a question about AAR.
I have three lines on my SD-WAN Router: private1, biz-internet, and pub-internet.
I have set sla-class packet loss 100% and prefered-color private1 in AAR and basically designed to use only private1.
If the private1 line goes down, it will be load-balanced to biz-internet and pub-internet, but we want to make sure that traffic flows only to biz-internet, not using pub-internet at this time.
What's configuration is realize this requirement?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I never tested this, but from 17.9 three level is supported.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/policies/ios-xe-17/policies-book-xe/centralized-policy.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_e07a2ae9-0df8-4a0d-ab7c-e66f5470159f

Configure Preferred Color Group

able 2. Feature History

Feature Name

Release Information

Description

Tiered Transport Preference in Application-aware Routing and Data Policy

Cisco IOS XE Catalyst SD-WAN Release 17.9.1a

Cisco vManage Release 20.9.1

This feature adds support for ranking of Application Aware Routing (AAR) preferred and backup preferred colors. You can configure up to three levels of priority based on the color or path preference on a Cisco IOS XE Catalyst SD-WAN device.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dan Frey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at IPSEC preference values to meet the requirement and not AAR.  Make every interface on private1 with preference 300, biz-internet 200, and public-internet preference 100.

Thank you! I understand I can achieve this requirement with ipse preference.
Is there anyway to achieve this with AAR?
From the document, it seems there are no way to achieve this requirement with AAR.

Hello,

I never tested this, but from 17.9 three level is supported.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/policies/ios-xe-17/policies-book-xe/centralized-policy.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_e07a2ae9-0df8-4a0d-ab7c-e66f5470159f

Configure Preferred Color Group

able 2. Feature History

Feature Name

Release Information

Description

Tiered Transport Preference in Application-aware Routing and Data Policy

Cisco IOS XE Catalyst SD-WAN Release 17.9.1a

Cisco vManage Release 20.9.1

This feature adds support for ranking of Application Aware Routing (AAR) preferred and backup preferred colors. You can configure up to three levels of priority based on the color or path preference on a Cisco IOS XE Catalyst SD-WAN device.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Great to hear!
Thank you!