Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN design inquiry

jinsolyoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am in sales handling SD-WAN solutions.
Therefore, I am leaving an inquiry because I have some questions regarding SD-WAN.

I understand that when configuring SD-WAN, it is implemented by configuring the fabric on the controller. However, in the case of fabric configuration, I wonder if there can only be one fabric per controller.
The gist of the question is whether it is possible to configure multiple fabrics with different users on one controller, such as in a multi-tenant format.

(The controller is using the cloud.)

Regards.

7 Replies 7

MAli26
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco SD-WAN multitenancy is a feature that allows managed service providers (MSPs) to host multiple enterprise customers securely on a physical or virtual SD-WAN platform. This simplifies management across multiple customers and reduces capital and operational expenses.

Cisco SD-WAN Controllers sizing will be bsed on the Numbers of tenants.

Hi,

yes, multi-tenancy is supported an you can have multiple totally different overlay fabrics using the same controllers for all.

Details can be found here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/system-interface/vedge-20-x/systems-interfaces-book/sdwan-multitenancy.html

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

jinsolyoon
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that MSP can be configured in a multi-tenant format.

However, I understand that there are eligibility requirements for MSP. Is that right?

Then if the user is not an MSP, is there any way to configure it?

its not required to be MSP to configure multitenancy, Its matter of configuration,

The choice between single-tenant and multi-tenant depends on your specific needs.

• Single-tenant (Dedicated Controllers): This approach gives you complete control and isolation for each entity. It's ideal if security or compliance is paramount.
  • Multi-tenant : This option provides cost-efficiency by sharing resources like vManage, vBonds, and vSmarts across entities. It's suitable if you need segregation but also value resource optimization.and each Tenant could be managed individually using RBAC in vmanage.

Ultimately, the best approach depends on your individual requirements.

Then, finally, is it possible to change a controller that has already been configured as single tenant to multi-tenant? (Without disruption to service)

Hi,

multi-tenancy is the configuration/deployment option. If you need it ,you configure. If you want single overlay fabric, you dont configure it.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Hi Kanan,

This question was asked to check whether it was possible to change the tenant as it was configured with single tenant in mind at the beginning of construction, but since multi-tenant operation was already required (if configuration changes were possible) while it was already built and operated as a single tenant.
Additionally, you were told not to configure it as multi-tenant in case of a single configuration.
Is there a reason for that?

Regards.