cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN Master Thesis

Lan_Ci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I'm looking for my final year master thesis on telecommunications engineering. Currently, I am interested in the SD-WAN technology. So, is anyone can suggest me some subject or any problematic related to SD-WAN for my case and some simulators or emulators to do it ? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Lan_Ci 

Find here some potential research topics related to SD-WAN that you might consider for your master's thesis:

-- Evaluation of SD-WAN performance and QoS: Investigate the impact of SD-WAN on network performance and Quality of Service (QoS) compared to traditional WAN architectures.

-- Optimization of SD-WAN: Evaluate techniques for optimizing SD-WAN performance, such as dynamic routing, load balancing, and application-based routing.

-- Security in SD-WAN: Investigate security challenges in SD-WAN and propose solutions to address these challenges, such as encryption, authentication, and access control.

-- Multi-Cloud connectivity with SD-WAN: Explore the challenges and benefits of using SD-WAN for connecting multiple clouds, such as public and private clouds, and evaluate different SD-WAN architectures for multi-cloud connectivity.

-- SD-WAN in IoT environments: Investigate the use of SD-WAN for IoT environments and evaluate different SD-WAN architectures for supporting IoT applications.

As for simulators or emulators to use for your research, here are a few options:

-- GNS3: A network emulator that allows you to create network topologies using virtual machines and virtual network devices.

-- EVE-NG: A network emulator that allows you to create complex network topologies using virtual machines and virtual network devices.

-- OpenNet: An open-source network emulator that allows you to create virtual networks and simulate various network scenarios.

There are many other simulators and emulators available that may be suitable for your research.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Lan_Ci 

Find here some potential research topics related to SD-WAN that you might consider for your master's thesis:

-- Evaluation of SD-WAN performance and QoS: Investigate the impact of SD-WAN on network performance and Quality of Service (QoS) compared to traditional WAN architectures.

-- Optimization of SD-WAN: Evaluate techniques for optimizing SD-WAN performance, such as dynamic routing, load balancing, and application-based routing.

-- Security in SD-WAN: Investigate security challenges in SD-WAN and propose solutions to address these challenges, such as encryption, authentication, and access control.

-- Multi-Cloud connectivity with SD-WAN: Explore the challenges and benefits of using SD-WAN for connecting multiple clouds, such as public and private clouds, and evaluate different SD-WAN architectures for multi-cloud connectivity.

-- SD-WAN in IoT environments: Investigate the use of SD-WAN for IoT environments and evaluate different SD-WAN architectures for supporting IoT applications.

As for simulators or emulators to use for your research, here are a few options:

-- GNS3: A network emulator that allows you to create network topologies using virtual machines and virtual network devices.

-- EVE-NG: A network emulator that allows you to create complex network topologies using virtual machines and virtual network devices.

-- OpenNet: An open-source network emulator that allows you to create virtual networks and simulate various network scenarios.

There are many other simulators and emulators available that may be suitable for your research.

Best regards

Thank you very much. It's very helpful and It open my mind.

Best regards.

You're very welcome @Lan_Ci 

Best regards