Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN Routing

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

I have the below scenario.
I have 2 locations which is connected to DC.

Each location has 2 Cisco SD-WAN devices. Each location has 2 Links.

Link 1# MPLS

Link 2# Internet

In Data Center side, I have the network 10.10.0.0/16 
There are multiple /24 network like below.

10.10.100.0/24

10.10.200.0/24

10.10.300.0/24

10.10.400.0/24

Requirement:
1. From Location#1 & Location#2, I need to reach only the below DC network (Not the entire Network of DC)

10.10.300.0/24

10.10.400.0/24

2. The 1st preferred path is Internet. MPLS as backup. 
    In case Internet link fails, the traffic should be via MPLS.

How to achieve this in SD-WAN ?

I want to understand this in high-level like what kind of policies or configurations in SD-WAN can help in achieving this ?

Attached is the diagram for reference.

18 Replies 18

Hi @RS19 

Yes , you can implement this solution but take care for the Default action for the default role of policy, also with action you can determine the transit either MPLS, BIZ-Internet.

Thanks

Yes , you can implement this solution but take care for the Default action for the default role of policy, also with action you can determine the transit either MPLS, BIZ-Internet.

Sorry could you please explain what should I take care regarding the default action. What should I check in order to be careful regarding this.

Could you please let me know ?

Hello @RS19 

sorry for late, I mean there is a default action for any role policy < default action is deny > so should be you allowed all the prefixes which is you wanna to allow them through this role then any traffic don't match these will drop automatic through default action , please don't hesitate to ask me for anything you wanna know .

@RS19 

I have shared with you topology I had designed for one project It will help you to understand as overview and I will share fully configuration and design soon once get the enough time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: