Views
Helpful
Replies

sd-wan transport selection

R Manjunatha
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

"The SD-WAN Viptela spoke has two connections: one for DSL primary and the other for cellular secondary. However, it consistently routes traffic through the cellular connection only. I need to redirect this traffic to the primary DSL connection. What is the best option, and in which scenario is the cellular transport selected?"

which commands do I need to use to verify as mentioned scenario 

RManjunatha_0-1715447568961.png

5 Replies 5

Hi,

you need to influence both ingress and egress traffic.

In order to influence ingress - inbound traffic you need to configure centralized control policy where OMP route preference is used, so traffic from other locations towards spoke uses tunnels via "DSL".

In order to influence egress - outbound traffic you need to configure centralized data policy where local-tloc is set as primary for the spoke for the traffic coming from spoke LAN going to other locations.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

R Manjunatha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi 

I have not created any policy for primary and secondary transport VPN traffic. Regarding this BFD session, which transport will be primary? Both of my transport links are up, but all traffic is still routed to the secondary LET. Is the primary DSL link experiencing latency issues, causing the traffic to be routed to the secondary link?"

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to add or adjust!

interface cellular0

hello interval 60000

hello-tolerance 301

interface DSL

Tunnel

hello-interval 5000

hello-tolerance 31

--------

bfd color biz-internet

hello-interval 4000

multiplier 6

bfd color lte

hello-interval 6000

multiplier 5

You showing in general configuration. you need to add policies to preferred color - what @Kanan Huseynli  was suggesting in the thread :

example read below configuration guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/policies/vedge-20-x/policies-book/m-application-aware-routing.html

s the primary DSL link experiencing latency issues, causing the traffic to be routed to the secondary link?"

its all depends on the configuration you have applied, that we do not have any visibility.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

R Manjunatha
Level 3
Level 3

OK, do you want configuration ..show policy from vsmart