cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN Cloud OnRamp for IaaS report error

HI Experts

SDWAN:20.6.3

Cloud: Azure

I  want to install Cat8kv on Azure by Cloud Onramp for IaaS, i found there are some questions.

Q1: there is only 17.4.1a version can be choosen if i use Cloud onramp for IaaS ,Although I have turned on Programmatic Deployment for the corresponding device and version in the Marketplace. Whether it's only suppport 17.4.1a for Cat8kv when we use Cloud onramp for IaaS ? What should I do if other versions are supported?

1662860123770.png

Q2: When I choose 17.4.1a to continue the configuration, when I do vmanage and Azure automatic deployment, I get an error, which is the following error. How should I solve it?

1.png

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

After you deploy the Cat8kv in 17.4 from the automated workflow, you can upgrade it as normal edge router. Follow the same code upgrade procedure, load the target code on vManage or external sever, select the cat8kv then upgrade and active the target code.

HTH,
Lei Tian

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

You are correct, C8kv 17.4.1a is the latest version using Cloud OnRamp IaaS workflow. And Cloud Onramp IaaS is deprecated in 20.9. To use later C8Kv in Azure, you can either deploy the solution manually or use Cloud OnRamp Multi-Cloud workflow (this will deploy C8Kv in iWAN hub).
The error looks like 'vManage' application doesn't have Cat8Kv subscribed. Is vManage application under the same subscription India?

HTH,
Lei Tian

Got it, but 20.6.3 doesn't seem to be compatible with 17.4.1a, can it only be deployed manually?

2.png
The second problem is inside a subscription.

I think you could use the workflow to deploy 17.4.1a and upgrade the Cat8kv to 20.6.x after. But If you want deploy different Cat8kv version in transit vnet, then you have to do it manually.
Double check the subscription ID, make sure if matches the subscription ID for vManage login; double check marketplace the selected image is 17.4.1a BYOL.
HTH,
Lei Tian

got it , but how to do Cat8kv upgrade on azure ? thanks

Hello,

After you deploy the Cat8kv in 17.4 from the automated workflow, you can upgrade it as normal edge router. Follow the same code upgrade procedure, load the target code on vManage or external sever, select the cat8kv then upgrade and active the target code.

HTH,
Lei Tian

got it ,thx a lot

I would like to add a question: I have completed the operation through the steps of Cloud onramp for iaas. The process on vmanage shows that it has succeeded, but the IPsec on the device cannot be established. Do I need to pay attention to any other operations? Or what else do I need to do to get IPSec up? thanks

Hello,

Ipsec tunnel to other wan edges or ipsec tunnel to host vpc?
HTH,
Lei Tian

ipsec tunnel to host vnet vpn gateway.

This issue has beed fixed. The source interface of the tunnel tunnel is incorrectly specified, and the pip specified by Azure LNG is also wrong.

Bala4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Slightly a different perception. If I were you, I would use CloudonRamp for Multicloud workflow rather than IaaS. 

Because IaaS workflow will soon be obsolete and multicloud is more of a standardised architecture for the cloud connectivity. 

Yes, Cloud multicloud is a good choice, but for the coexistence of old and new networks, we had to choose Cloud onramp for iaas first.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: