Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN Components BACKUP

uni1389
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team, 

Being new to SDWAN solution, I have deploy Viptela components with 3xvManage, 3xvSmart , 2xvBond , 4xvEdge and 4xCSRv/ISRv on EVE-NG . I want to do configuration backup of all components and I have some questions as mentioned below :-

1. Local Configuration backup on one vManager is enough for cluster backup or do I need to backup all cluster member individually.

2.  vManager backup includes vEdges configuration or not. If not It means that need to take backup of every Edges individually.

3. vBond/vSmart Backup will be taken separately . Right?

4. Configuration backup includes CSR certificates or not on all SDWAN components. 

5. In case of any restoration of any components do I need repeat Certificate Authentication process again or not. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback. 

With Regards

Uni 

1 Reply 1

Dan Frey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Comments inline.

1. Local Configuration backup on one vManager is enough for cluster backup or do I need to backup all cluster member individually. <DF> Backup each vManager configuration.

2.  vManager backup includes vEdges configuration or not. If not It means that need to take backup of every Edges individually.  <DF> Edges need to be backed up individually.   There is an API to backup all configurations from all components in SDWAN.  api_url = '/dataservice/template/config/running/' + chassisid

3. vBond/vSmart Backup will be taken separately . Right?  <DF> Right.

4. Configuration backup includes CSR certificates or not on all SDWAN components. <DF> Configuration backups does not include certificates.   

5. In case of any restoration of any components do I need repeat Certificate Authentication process again or not. <DF> New control components will require a new CSR to generate public/private Key pair to submit for CA to sign.