Views
Helpful
Replies

Sdwan controller showing peer ip as 169.254

jalikhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

i am onboarding a new Cedge. control connections are up but BFD sessions are not coming up. While troubleshooting i noticed Peer IPs for Vmange and Vsmart are from 169.254 range. which is strange and probable cause.

Looking for help in troubleshooting this issue

6 Replies 6

Did you config vmange and vsmart vpn0 correctly?

MHM

Hi,

its only one Cedge having this problem, other cedges were on boarded smoothly. i dont think there is any issue on the Vmanage/Vsmart side

Can you check if both vsmart and cedge share same organization-id domain and there is no conflict in Site-ID 
MHM

Hi,

share:
show sdwan control connections
show sdwan omp peers
show sdwan omp tlocs

from cedge device

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to provide mode information :

1. what device model , IOS code running on it - other device working same model and same IOS ?

2. did the control connection up and is the device onboarded and you can see in vManage sync and reachable ?

3. is the only issue with BFD ? - how is your cedge path to reach vManange (any firewalls ?)

check below troubleshooting guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/sd-wan/214510-troubleshoot-bidirectional-forwarding-de.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ponzki
Level 1
Level 1

In addition, BFD sessions are between WAN edges (IPSEC Tunnel) - where the data traffic pass. So, there seems to be few things you need to check first. I would start by troubleshooting the control connections between WAN edge router and the controllers. Can check the control connections-history output?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card