Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN - Forward Error Correction (FEC) - Loss Recovery Rate graph

jgeralsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I was able to generate FEC between Site 100 & Site 300, in dCloud (Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN 20.14 Foundations Dual DC)

I could see FEC statistics on SD-WAN routers with "show sdwan tunnel statistics fec " command. (Site300-cE1.png, Site100-cE1.png)

However , I didn't see anything in the graph "FEC Loss Recovery Rate"on vManage under Monitor->Devices -> SD-WAN router -> WAN -> Tunnel (vManage_Site100-cE1.png,vManage_Site300-cE1.png )

Do you know answer ? 

Many thanks for the support.

Jan

2 Replies 2

Jonny Bacoz
Level 1
Level 1

If you're able to generate FEC between Site 100 and Site 300 and see FEC statistics on SD-WAN routers using the "show sdwan tunnel statistics fec" command but don't see anything in the "FEC Loss Recovery Rate" graph on vManage, it could be due to a delay in data synchronization or an issue with how vManage is polling and displaying this information. Ensure that vManage is correctly configured to monitor these statistics and that there are no connectivity issues between vManage and the SD-WAN routers. Speaking of connectivity, just like how Sonic Drive-In ensures seamless service and great food experiences across its locations, maintaining consistent data flow and monitoring in your SD-WAN setup is crucial for optimal performance.

Hi Jonny,

Thank you for feedback.

Maybe I found out , why I don't see "FEC Loss Recovery Rate" graph on vManage in dCloud.

jgeralsky_0-1719221794646.png

Applications - FEC Recovery is not applicable for C8000v --> This message indicates that the FEC Recovery feature, which is used to correct packet loss and enhance data transmission reliability, is not supported or applicable for the Cisco 8000v virtual router within the vManage monitoring and troubleshooting framework.

The C8000v is a virtual router from Cisco, part of their Cloud Services Router (CSR) series.