Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN multi Vbond selection process

prateektanwar1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

So my question is, I have 4 vbonds in my network, and they resolve by a FQDN so when a  vedge comes up it will resolve the FQDN to 4 ip address and now I have 4 vbond ip addresses,

so it will reach out to first one now if my first vbond is down what is the scenario or when will the vedge try the second ip ,

like is there a  default timeout , if the dtls tunnel with first vbond is not established in a certtain time try the second ip and so on ,

I just want to know what is the criteria for trying the next ip's 

Thanks in advance for the answers 

Prateek

4 Replies 4

svemulap@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes, your understanding is right.
Based on the hash, it will go in a round-robin fashion to reach a vBond across the available vBonds.
The criteria for reaching another vBond is when the existing vBond is not reachable.
If I remember, the default 2 to 20 min with exponential backoff.

HTH

prateektanwar1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the reply,
so is there a way that we can see the default time out set in our network , also is there any way that we can change/ ammend the default timers in our network ?

Regards

prateek

AAICT, the default is 2 min to maxi 20 with exponential back off. These values are not configurable. HTH.

prateektanwar1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot for the information, 
I have a last question, you said it is 2 minutes to a maximum of 20 minutes, so a number between 2 to 20 is set, and then with exponential back off it decreases so, can we check that timer that is set in our devices is there any command or on the gui somewhere we can see the timers set ?

Regards

Prateek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: