Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN Spoke QoS - Voice and Network Control

Hi Everyone

We are running into continuous issues where the Switch Management at remote sites pretty slow over SSH, the Access Points lose association with the Controller at the Hub.

Currently, we are operating a 140Mbps link at the Spoke Site. The QoS is configured as Queue 0 for DSCP 46, 10% bandwidth LLQ Tail Drop and the Network Control is configured as Queue 1,DSCP 48, 5% WRR with Random Detect for Drop.

I have come across this article:

Implement QoS in Cisco SD-WAN - Cisco

Each interface has eight queues on hardware vEdge routers, numbered from 0 to 7. Queue 0 is reserved and is used for both control traffic and low-latency queuing (LLQ) traffic. For LLQ, any class that is mapped to queue 0 must also be configured to use LLQ. All control traffic is transmitted. Queues 1 to 7 are available for data traffic.

My confusion is

1. Should we just include the DSCP 48 in the LLQ 10% Bandwidth. Thus it would mean that LLQ will now service DSCP 46 and DSCP 48. And increase the LLQ Bandwidth from 10% to 15% and remove Queue 1.

I will be most grateful for your advice.

Regards

Adrian.

1 Reply 1

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Management traffic is important but doesn't require low latency. You can try to increase the reserved bandwidth for Q1 and see whether it helps. The queuing function only comes in when the link is congested. So you might want to check the interface see whether that's the case.

HTH,
Lei Tian

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card