cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN vSmart is not properly syncing

randy227
Level 1
Level 1

I've been troubleshooting an issue where I add the vSmart controller to vManage but it doesn't properly sync.  Didn't have any issues with vManage or vBond with creating certificates.  I'm using the vManage as the certificate authority.  When I added the vSmart controller, it appeared to have added successfully.  I'm setting up this lab within Eve-NG.  You can see from the documents I added the configuration and what I am seeing in vManage concerning the certificates and device sync.  Not sure why vSmart is not fully populating things like site-id, system ip, and hostname.  Anyone have an idea on how to troubleshoot this issue?

7 Replies 7

nriv
Level 1
Level 1

Are your control connections up between the vManage and vSmart?

I have the same problem, have you figured it out? please share the solution.

Thanks in advance

I figured it out. i was using organization name  inside single quote (e.g 'NAME') on all controllers. The /var/log/vsyslog file shows organization name mismatch in vSmart (but ok for vBond & vManage). When i used double quotes (e.g "NAME") the vSmart shows in sync.

Hi. Where did you use double quotes ? in the vsmart config ? or in a file ? Where

my config look like this

host-name vSmart
system-ip 1.1.1.3
site-id 1000
organization-name MY_SDWAN_LAB

I have tried 

organization-name "MY_SDWAN_LAB"

but still same issue

Chicharito14
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. 

You solution doesnot work, or I should say you defined the wrong OU name, in vSmart(EVE-NG)

NAME = “NAME”

'NAME' ≠ “NAME” or NAME

You got the wrong OU name that'y why it was not synced. 

My problem is, I have everything checked(system-ip; site-id;OU name; verified connection between vsuits) yet I am still got the same error. vManage cannot detect correct Device IP(using VPN0 IP instead of system IP), and cannot see the hostname or system IP. This error is really makes people creazy.  

I've got the same problem.  Did you figure anything out?

I've tried loading and installing  several different versions of the images in eve-ng and no change.

So I figured it out, at least my situation.

In some cases vBond won't add.  And I've seen some people say to remove the tunnel interface on the vBond, then add it back after it adds.   While this works, it's not ideal.  And so you might think to just leave the tunnel inteface off on the vSmart as well.  That's what I did.  

The thing to do in both situations (vBond and vSmart), is DON'T REMOVE THE TUNNEL.  Make sure the tunnel interface IS there under vpn 0/ interface x.    Just make sure to add the config line under Tunnel-Interface, 'allow-service netconf'.   Of course you need your certs installed as well. 

You can verify on each vBond, vSmart with "show control connections".