Views
Helpful
Replies

vEdge dropping connections to controllers

mfergusson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running vEdge 19.2.2 on EVE-NG PRO and having an issue with any vEdge dropping connections after a period of time. 

After rebooting a vEdge and doing a show control connections, it shows connections to vsmart, vbond and vmanage with status "up". I can ping controllers fine, and then after a period of time which ranges from minutes to about 45 minutes, I lose all connectivity and can't even ping the neighbouring router. Only fix seems to be a reboot.

After posting the above, I just noticed that a show control connections-history has an initial vbond VB_TMO error (peer vManage timed out). Still doesn't solve the problem but a further clue ...

Any suggestion/comments please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

this is most probably EVE-NG incorrect device resource issue. Use 1GB RAM and 1 vCPU per vEDGE.

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

this is most probably EVE-NG incorrect device resource issue. Use 1GB RAM and 1 vCPU per vEDGE.

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Thanks Kanan, I will try. What's the reasoning behind this? (I actually tried "increasing" memory and cpu)

Thanks a lot Kanan, this resolved the issue for me. Much appreciated! 

mfergusson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Kanan, that worked. Not sure why this is an EVE-NG resource issue particularly as the sizing I was using was double that so relatively small in the scheme of things. However, thanks for saving the day for me! Much appreciated.