Views
Helpful
Replies

vEdge Unreachable

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I am new in Cisco SDWAN and I would like to seek help about my issue.

I was able to register my vEdge to my vManage however, when I changed some system settings in the vEdge (e.g. site-id) suddenly it loses connection to the vManage and even in my underlay, I cannot ping now the WAN IP from my underlay.

In the vManage, it shows unreachable status.

Any idea what happened?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

svemulap@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi -

site-id along with system-IP, org-name and vBond address are basics needed for the control connection to get established to controllers, along with Tunnel interface under VPN 0

Hi svemulap@cisco.com , yes i understand that but why my vEdge goes to unreachable state when I tried to change those settings in the vEdge's CLI? What can I do to make it reachable again from vManage? Thanks

Can you get a console to the device and check/reconfigure the device ?

Hi svemulap@cisco.com thanks for the update.

Yup I can console in directly to the device. So if I re-configure vEdge in CLI, it will reflect in the vManage automatically? For example, I will set the site-id from 1 to 10, in the perspective of the vManage, it will show reachable again?

Thanks

Site-Id needs to unique as long as it is per site.
You can verify the following to see what could be going wrong:

'show control connections-history' to see why the control is not coming up.
go into vshell and check /var/log/tmplog/vdebug file.
tail -f /var/log/tmplog/vdebug - will give the output of the running log.

Checkout: https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/sd-wan-routers-troubleshoot-control-connections/ta-p/3813237
.. which provides some useful tips on different error conditions and how to address resolve those.

Hope it helps.