Views
Helpful
Replies

vManage-system-ip Vs System-ip

John.lc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  Experts

Is there any difference between vManage-system-ip and System-ip in cEdge. And how to check them by commands?

10 Replies 10

vManage-system-ip

Are you sure this command is correct?

MHM

No, it's not a command.

I know system ip is a ip address of cedge, you could search the vmange-system-ip in vmanage dashboard. I believe it will be shown on vmanage release 20.6 ...

If that case then both same 

System-ip in cedge is use to config unquie IP of router via cli

Vmange-system-ip via GUI give unique IP to vmanage.

These IP is unquie and it work as identity of device. 

MHM

I don’t think these two addresses are the same, but you mentioned that one is configured in the CLI (system-ip), and the other is assigned to the device (that is, vmanage-system-ip). I am more willing to believe this statement. , but is there any documentation that explains it? I haven't found any relevant instructions so far. I don't know how to check vmanage-system-ip in CLI or GUI. Of course, system-ip is easy to check, whether in GUI or CLI.

svemulap@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Think of System-IP as a router-ID. It has to be unique in the network.
Each device will have a unique router-ID.
In the context of SD-WAN, a given device uses this system-IP to reach another node.
You can see the system-IP, via show running-config or show interface command.

The SDWAN design guide is a good source.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/cisco-sdwan-design-guide.html#SystemIP

HTH.

Yes, system-ip is easy to check, but I want to figure out the difference between it and vmanage-system-ip, how to check them, and what are the differences in their functions. i did't find any info about vmanage-system-ip, but it actually exsit.
Thanks

John.lc
Level 1
Level 1

In the past, you could choose to view vmanage-system-ip here(such as, release 20.3), but you can't see it now. When we query through vmanage-system-ip, we can also query the information corresponding to cEdge.

Snipaste_2024-02-09_10-19-18.png

Hi,

what do you mean by "vmanage-system-IP"?

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

It could be shown on vmanage dashboard by path “monitor > device”

John.lc
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone else know about this problem?