Views
Helpful
Replies

VRRP Track Prefix List

akoukis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to configure VRRP on the service VPN using the Track Prefix List. Doesn't anyone know where I can define this Prefix List? I tried on Policy List-> Prefix but I take an error when I try to push the configuration.

illegal reference /vmanage-cfs:templates/template{vip_internal_temp_device_C8500L-XXXXXX 6bd13125-fb5a-4c8d-b228-77e9908669ab}/vpn/vpn-instance{100}/interface{GigabitEthernet0/0/1}/vrrp{110}/track-prefix-list

Thank you

Anestis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adrian Jimenez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Akoukis,

This was really an annoying one to replicated on lab but here's how I came around it . You'll have to create a dummy policy that programs your "prefix-list" into config and then reconfigure your VRRP to call the "track-prefix-list" if that makes sense. You can always get away with a CLI Add-On Template if you're looking for something simpler.

1) Creating a dummy policy with prefix-list:

- Policies > Localized Policy > Add Policy > Prefix > New Prefix List > “Create your prefix-list” > Next till “Configure Route Policy”

- Here you want to do Add Route Policy > Add Sequence Type > Add Sequence Rule and then add “Address” as your match condition and select your prefix list.

- Then just save “Save Match and Actions”. Then Save Policy.

- Once with your dummy policy created, go to Device > Templates > Device > Edit > Additional Templates > Policy.

- Select yours and update the template.

- Once pushed and the prefix list configured on the device you will be able to configure the “track-list-prefix” option.

2) For a CLI Add-on template option, just do this and then re push VRRP config:

policy
lists
prefix-list VRRP_PREFIX_LIST
ip-prefix 192.168.100.0/24

Those were the 2 options I used to make it work on my lab, let me know if any of that makes sense!

AJ

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

manuelosorio
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @akoukis 

Here are the steps to configure.  You must pending the version of the vManager that it refers. Try and let me know. 

Capture.JPG

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/system-interface/vedge-20-x/systems-interfaces-book/m-vrrp-tracking.html

Hi Manuel, thank you also for the help and the effort you put to answer my question, but Adrian suggestion was what I was looking for.

Best Regards

Adrian Jimenez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Akoukis,

This was really an annoying one to replicated on lab but here's how I came around it . You'll have to create a dummy policy that programs your "prefix-list" into config and then reconfigure your VRRP to call the "track-prefix-list" if that makes sense. You can always get away with a CLI Add-On Template if you're looking for something simpler.

1) Creating a dummy policy with prefix-list:

- Policies > Localized Policy > Add Policy > Prefix > New Prefix List > “Create your prefix-list” > Next till “Configure Route Policy”

- Here you want to do Add Route Policy > Add Sequence Type > Add Sequence Rule and then add “Address” as your match condition and select your prefix list.

- Then just save “Save Match and Actions”. Then Save Policy.

- Once with your dummy policy created, go to Device > Templates > Device > Edit > Additional Templates > Policy.

- Select yours and update the template.

- Once pushed and the prefix list configured on the device you will be able to configure the “track-list-prefix” option.

2) For a CLI Add-on template option, just do this and then re push VRRP config:

policy
lists
prefix-list VRRP_PREFIX_LIST
ip-prefix 192.168.100.0/24

Those were the 2 options I used to make it work on my lab, let me know if any of that makes sense!

AJ

Thank you Adrian for the help, I was trying to do it from the Centralized Policy and not from Localized Policy.

Thanks again point me right direction.

Best Regards