cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN Edge list doesn't sync

Vin Daniell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm doing an SD-WAN lab with controllers onsite. vManage, vSmart and vBond are all communicating. 

I manually added the first ISR 4431 router to the PNP portal. It show "pending redirection". 

In vMange, I sync the smart account. It shows success and the log says "Successfully synced 1 device from Smart account" and "Successfully added synced devices to inventory". However, they don't show up under "Configuration > Devices".

Any ideas?error1.pngerror2.png

5 Replies 5

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is your vManage version?

Which serial number you used?

Make sure to use S/N from "show sdwan control local-properties" output, but if you need to use ZTP as well, make sure to add

Processor board ID from "show ver" output as well as SUDI to the PNP portal.

I used "show crypto pki certificates CISCO_IDEVID_SUDI" on the ISR. I will compare this to your recommended command when I get console access again.

sdwan serial num.png

Also, vManage is 18.3.5.

"show sdwan control local-properties" shows the same serial # and certificate serial # as the command I used. 

Where (and why) do I need to add the processor board ID? The PNP portal asks for serial #, Base PID, and Certificate serial #. This doc doesn't mention anything else. https://sdwan-docs.cisco.com/Product_Documentation/Getting_Started/Hardware_and_Software_Installation/Software_Installation_and_Upgrade_for_Cisco_IOS_XE_Routers

I do see the "add additional SUDI" but it asks for SUDI serial # and certificate serial #. What command shows the SUDI serial number?

Issue was resolved. It was my controllers were at 18.3.5 and they don't support ISR44xx routers. They do support ISR43xx routers, just not 44xx. 

I tried upgrading but the file copy kept failing. It's progress bar showed 100% but then got stuck in "controller processing". I tried twice and each time let it sit for an hour with no luck. I had to rebuilt all three controllers from scratch with 18.4.1.