cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stealthwatch doesn't get snmp data from some devices

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

I have Stealtwatch 7.4.1, and I noticed that SMC can't get snmp data from different asa devices, I see that exchange is going, but on the exorters all ports are named as ifIndex. 

Asa devices have the same ios, the same config

3 Replies 3

FloKo
Level 1
Level 1

What does the exporter say in the mangement interface in regards to the SNMP state?
If there is a timeout, the connection is not successfull. (maybe ACL, firewall, ..)

If you do get SNMP data but the interfaces still show as ifIndex, you might need to enable ifX Tables for that device, to read interfaces wich are capable of more than 1gb/s.

ifX Table is activated, how can I check snmp from Stealthwatch? Can it do snmpwalk?

no snmpwalk from the SMC anymore.  From the SMC Console go to:  Dashboards > Report Builder > Create New Report (Blue button on the right) > Scroll to bottom and select 'Flow Collection Status' > Run (Button).

When report is done scroll all the way over to the right.  (Scroll bar at bottom of report).  There will be 3 columns related to SNMP status.  If the status is not 'SUCCESS' there should be some helpful info in the 'SNMP Status Error' column. 

See screenshot attached for example.