cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
kakada Atada
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

Did anyone experienced upgrade from ISE 2.7 - 3.1?

Currently, I am on step upgrade Node1, successfully upgrade to 3.1 ( able logon GUI 3.1 ).

It is still not upgrade due to this message "Upgrade progress transfer between SPAN and PPAN Failed".

On Node2 is pending upgrade (Upgrade Queued)

Appreciated for your comment/advise.

Thanks.

Comments
marce1000
VIP
VIP
miso-ch
Level 1
Level 1

I got a similar warning during the Update from 2.6 p10 to 3.1. But the problem solved automatically.

I did a full ipgrade of a pair of ISE.

After the primary was updated, I remained logged in at the secondary (while monitoring the status under Administration-System-Upgrade). Status for the first one was successful, but the second ISE remained at "Upgrade Queued".

When I logged in at the primary, the new 3.1 interface was loaded. When going to Administration-System-Upgrade, I did not get instantly the Upgrade Status. I had to click on "Full upgrade", and got an overview with your status "Upgrade Progress transfer between SPAN and PPAN Failed" and "Upgrade Queued" for the secondary ISE.
After some time (may 30 minutes) (and executing "show application status ise" at CLI of the 2nd ISE), the message disappeared by itself, and the secondary ISE started with the upgrade.

Probably, patience is the solution.

(I was also not patient and got nervous, that's the reason I found this community post...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: