Views
Helpful
Replies

1000v Removed Interface Reference

efairbanks
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Support,

We recently swapped out 1GB interfaces in our ESX server and replaced them w/10GB cards.  When we did that, the interface IDs presented to the 1000v changed.  References to the removed interfaces still appeared when the "show port-channel sum" command was issued.  I managed to delete all but one of the unused port-channels which referenced the stale interface names.  Unfortunately, one of the interfaces is associated w/a port-channel that is actually in use (see below) and I can't delete it.  Is there a way to get rid of this stale interface reference?  Granted it isn't doing anything, but it looks sloppy.  Since the port-channel IDs are generated automatically, I can't just shuffle stuff around (at least I don't know a way of doing so).

Running version 4.2(1)SV1(4a).

Thanks in advance.

-Erik

1000v# sho port-channel sum
Flags:  D - Down        P - Up in port-channel (members)
        I - Individual  H - Hot-standby (LACP only)
        s - Suspended   r - Module-removed
        S - Switched    R - Routed
        U - Up (port-channel)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Group Port-       Type     Protocol  Member Ports
      Channel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7     Po7(SU)     Eth      LACP      Eth6/3(P)    Eth6/5(P)    
8     Po8(SU)     Eth      LACP      Eth7/3(P)    Eth7/5(P)    
9     Po9(SU)     Eth      LACP      Eth3/3(P)    Eth3/5(P)    Eth3/7(r)  <-------------------

1 Reply 1

Joe LeBlanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Erik,

It is CSCua93737: Port-channel has Ghost entries even after removing ports from N1K setup

You can view the defect using this link 

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCua93737

Workaround:

1. Create a new port-profile and associate new uplink interface to it.

2. Associate active ports to the new port-profile so that there is a new port-channel created with active uplink ports.

3. Delete the old port-channel so that all the ghost interfaces would be removed along with it. If you wish to use the same port-profile for all uplink ports, then you can move the uplink ports to the old port-profile one by one so that a new port-channel will be created using the same old port-profile.

The defect is resolved in SV2(1.1).

Thanks,

Joe

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card