Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Hi All We are designing a new fcoe implementation with HP VC 10/10D (dual hop fcoe). It connects to our nexus 5596. I had a few questions on this: 1) Existing 5596 also has a lot of native fc connections . 5596 connects to brocade on NPV. native fc c...

I'm relatively new to the Nexus platform so I don't know if this is Nexus related or not but I keep getting what looks like flapping from random ports, the log messages look like this....2014 May 14 19:04:19 JCMG_Nexus-1 %ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_LINK_FAILU...

Hi,We have 6509-E switches as L3 Gateway in our Data centers. We currently have couple of 5596 and N2K FEX all in L2. Now we are planning to add more N2Ks to replace some of our existing 3750-Es in DC.  Now to replace 6509-Es I am looking at few choi...

S891 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am working on this design where the DC VLANs that need to be extended to DRC via OTV have their gateways as SVIs on a server agg VSS. So there is no FHRP in DC. The other side (DRC) server aggregation is a pair of VDCs on N7K. See figure for connec...

shasanain by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I am not sure if this scenario will work or not, I want to enable OSPF over Peer-Link, my scenario is I have three locations : location#1 has two nexus 7k configure one VDC connected over peer-link.Location#2 has one core switch 6500 connecte...

Steev112 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I need to support Microsoft NLB in muticast mode on a pair of Nexus 6Ks. I have looked at the example on CCO but that it is for a 7K and on the 6K the command:   layer-2 multicast lookup mac is not available. I saw a another post and a feature ...

Hello there,I was wondering if I may connect a fex or something else in the 40Gb ethernet ports on the Nexus 9000 platform.I'm not planning to run ACI on it, just use the 40Gb fabric.For instance: The Nexus 9396PX has 12x40Gb ports. Could I connect s...

richbarb by Cisco Employee
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes