Views
Helpful
Replies

Any security available on Host for TN3270

jsyed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are in the process enabling TN3270 on our host and i was wondering if there is any kind of security features either from IBM or third party available to protect our main frame TN3270 application. we just wanted to add extra layer for our main frame.

Any help will be appreciated.

JS

4 Replies 4

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

How about SSL encryption on the TN3270 data? Please go to the following URL for detailed information:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t5/dt_tncon.htm#1037194

Bo,

I have seen this before and already thinking about doing it. is there any other feature beside this one. Our WAN network is very well secured. So only worried we have is our mainframe side. SSL will be good. What about RACF external security feature ?

TIA

It sounds like RACF is a solution to you.

Look at the documentation for the z/OS communications server on the mainframe. You can use digital certificates (via SSL) to authenticate the user. The Certificat Authority Server on the Mainframe would work in conjuction with RACF or CA -Top Secret to secure logon.

Make sure your TN3270 emulator supports the funtions. I know IBM HOD and Zephr works. I think Netmanage Rumba supports this also - but not sure!

B.K.