Views
Helpful
Replies

B200M4 Strange Behavior, Not responding

abdul basit
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support Community,

I am facing very strange behavior from Cisco B200M4 Server. We have done green installation of the latest servers. Everything in general is perfect. So here is the brief overview.

1- Blades are up and running with all the required configuration on FIs and service profiles.

2- Operating systems are installed Server 2012r2.

3- All the vlans are configured and there is end to end communication everywhere.

4- Default BIOS policy is used.

Now the strange behavior is that if we don't perform any activity on a server lets say for 48 hours. The status of the server in the UCS GUI is green. Blade is shown normal and running with no alarms, but i can't ping the server neither i can do KVM. I have to force reboot the blade and then it start working normally. We have requested the cisco as well but it will be very helpful if someone can tell me the solution. The only thing i can guess is either wrong with default BIOS policy or the operating system.

Thank you

Best Regards

Abdul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which UCS version ?

Did you open a TAC case ?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which UCS version ?

Did you open a TAC case ?

Thank you for your reply. 

The UCS version is 2.2(7b) and yes we have a case open with TAC. 

From my understanding if its the operating system fault then at least i should be able to do KVM. But KVM don't respond either without any log until restart the server.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card