cip channel backup

c.chunxia
Level 1
Level 1

I have connection like this:

|------ch 1/0----------------chp b8--------|

7507--cip--| |--------s/390

|------ch 1/1----------------chp b9--------|

can I implements load banlacing and backup of sna connection?

and how to implements load banlacing and backup of ip datagram(Do I need dynamic routing protocol on s/390?)?

interface Channel1/0

no ip address

no keepalive

claw ??????????????????????????????????????

csna 0120 00

!

interface Channel1/1

ip address 10.0.28.81 255.255.255.240

ip directed-broadcast

no keepalive

claw 0120 0A 10.0.28.82 CMT1 CIP64A TCPIP TCPIP

csna 0120 00

!

interface Channel1/2

no ip address

no keepalive

lan TokenRing 0

source-bridge 10 1 755

adapter 0 4000.0755.9026

lan TokenRing 1

source-bridge 11 1 755

adapter 1 4000.0755.9026

any comment is appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

I assume that you connect adpater 0 to the CSNA statement on channel 1/0 and adpater 1 to the CSNA statement on channel 1/1

OR

adpater 0 to the CSNA statement on channel 1/1 and adpater 1 to the CSNA statement on channel 1/0.

If you enable both XCA, the downstream PUs will load balance between the XCA. There is no way to make both XCA to share the exact load. However, it should be fairly close.

As far as IP datagram load balancing, it is a little bit tricky. First, you have to use VIPA for all IP applications (like telnet and ftp). Then, you need to enable a dynamic routing protocol on the router and the mainframe. In other words, you cannot run IP application on 10.0.28.81.

View solution in original post

In the XCA, you define adpater number (macro adapno) and IO address (macro CUADDR). MVS/OS390 uses IOCP gen to translate the IO address to a particular ESCON or B&G port AND the corresponding subchannel.

When you activiate the XCA, the mainframe will bring up the adaptor number using the subchannel on a physical port.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

I assume that you connect adpater 0 to the CSNA statement on channel 1/0 and adpater 1 to the CSNA statement on channel 1/1

OR

adpater 0 to the CSNA statement on channel 1/1 and adpater 1 to the CSNA statement on channel 1/0.

If you enable both XCA, the downstream PUs will load balance between the XCA. There is no way to make both XCA to share the exact load. However, it should be fairly close.

As far as IP datagram load balancing, it is a little bit tricky. First, you have to use VIPA for all IP applications (like telnet and ftp). Then, you need to enable a dynamic routing protocol on the router and the mainframe. In other words, you cannot run IP application on 10.0.28.81.

" I assume that you connect adpater 0 to the CSNA statement on channel 1/0 and adpater 1 to the CSNA statement on channel 1/1 "

I don't understand,how to connect ? physical or logical? thank for your help!

In the XCA, you define adpater number (macro adapno) and IO address (macro CUADDR). MVS/OS390 uses IOCP gen to translate the IO address to a particular ESCON or B&G port AND the corresponding subchannel.

When you activiate the XCA, the mainframe will bring up the adaptor number using the subchannel on a physical port.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card