cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS C220 M3 Bios Flash Image corrupted problem (System would restart with recovered image after a few seconds... )

Yuksel YAPICI
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I created to RAID-1 as virtual hard-drive in order to install Vmware and  later cisco NCS software at ciscı C220 M3. I followed the  all the procudure then l was succesfull to istallation of softwares. I just a small problem  that when ı rebooted the server my wmware was not working automaically. Later on ı try to change boot order in order to check my virtual hard-drive. Maybe ı made some mistake the boot order because later the server was asking to me update of CIMS driver and etc (the server CIMS software is 1.3d and bakcup 1.3). When ı tried to update CIMS somehow server was crashed. I couldnt see nothing on the monitör also mause and kepboard wasnt working. 

I checked  the procedure document ans somelink in this webpage.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11626321/cisco-ucs-c220-m3-bios-flash-image-corrupted#comment-7895921

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C220/install/C220/install.html#pgfId-1417014

Even i couldnt understand some point. I found the recevory.cap file but  whic directoy ı need put  ? For example my usb-drive letter is F: could you confirm which is correct director

F:/recovery.cap

F:/root/recovery.cap

F:/1.4.6d/bios/recovery/recovery.cap

To recovery of bios just recovery.cap file is not or not ?

I copy the many possiblity my usb.drive somehow the server found the recovery.cap . Now below message was written on the screen but during the 1 day but the bios is still not updated

System would restart with recovered image after a few seconds...

What ı am doing wrongly i couldnt understand

Thanks for support

6 Replies 6

Yuksel YAPICI
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again,

I just want to put one photo about my problem

Thanks for your support

Hi there!

i was hoping you have found a solution for this problem for i have the same now.

any ideas?

i have followed to two procedures to boot with recovery.cap with thumb usb, it transfers the data to controllers, and when it finishes i get to the same screen you do :" found a valid recovery file.. transferring to controller

system would flash the bios image now..
system would restart with recovered image after few seconds.. " 

this screen just freezes even after an hour still nothing.

thank you in advance!

Hi srachma, I can't find response for your problem, and I have the same one with a ucs-c220-3m.

I saw too that your problem was reported 4 months Ago, then I suposse that you found a solution for this. Isnt? If this is the case, Could you please share the actions to solve it? My email is teolopezp@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

:)

Hi Yuksel, I can't find response for your problem, and I have the same one with a ucs-c220-3m.

I saw too that your problem was reported 9 months Ago, then I suposse that you found a solution for this. Isnt? If this is the case, Could you please share the actions to solve it? My email is teolopezp@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

:)

Hi everyone, I have the same problem my server is ucs-c240-m3 I tried recover with various recovery.cap files but that doesn't work, Have someone fix it ?

Greetiings!!

fromm
Level 1
Level 1

I realize this is an old thread but we have not been able to find a solution elsewhere.  Our data center client tried to update the BIOS to the latest 3.0.4s from 1.5.1g.  During the process, the server powered off so the customer assumed the update was done and removed power to re-rack the server.

Now the BIOS is corrupt and the recovery does not work.  We have tried multiple versions of the recovery.cap files found in various different HUU versions.

The server is always stuck on:

Found a valid recovery file...Transferring to CIMC
   System would flash the BIOS image now...
   System would restart with recovered image after a few seconds...

after transferring the file.  It stays like this for many hours.  Is there any recovery?  We are unable to use the CIMC because the customer does not know the password and the defaults do not work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: