cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converged 10gig server adapters and Cisco switches

vlacmanov
Level 1
Level 1

I have little network with 4 vsphere servers connected to clustered 3750x with 4*1Gig NICs per server.

Servers are connected to central storage with two 8Gbps FC links per server. I don’t have FO switches cause central storage is equipped with 4 FO ports per controller.

I want to upgrade servers and central storage. Servers will have two converged 10gig (HP FlexFabric) and 4*1 Gig interfaces

I need to upgrade 3750x switches with new one with 10 gig interfaces.

I am looking for two new Cisco switches that can handle converged traffic from server 10gig interfaces (iSCSI, FCoE).

Nice feature will be if it is possible to connect existing FC storage to the new switches.

Kind regards,

Vice Lacmanovic

2 Replies 2

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, vlacmanov. 

I recommend at least the Nexus 5000 to support iSCSI and FCoE over your 10GE interface. (http://cs.co/9001SoyL) Do you already have any existing Cisco Nexus on your network?

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

bsiapco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi vlacmanov,

May I know what happened with this requirements? Let me know if you need additional information or other concerns. You can email me directly at (bsiapco@cisco.com)

Thanks!

Barry