cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DLSW - multiple local peers

abekeris
Level 1
Level 1

Exists any way to configure multiple local peers in a router ? via NAT or other solution?

4 Replies 4

mbinzer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

there is no way to configure more than 1 dlsw local peer in a cisco router.

What is your problem you are trying to accomplish with multiple dlsw local peers?

thanks...

Matthias

My probles is that we have a couple of routers with local peer defined with a loopback interface visible only to the WAN side and now we need to stablish new peers trough the LAN, and because of the configuratios of our routers that addresses cannot be routed to the LAN. I'm trying to find a solution for this.

ok, i understand what you say. but unfortunately the way the dlsw local peer is setup allows only one per router.

So you have to make sure that the local peer is bound to an interface that has visibility to both portions of your network.

The only other alternative i can think of is to split the dlsw functionality on different routers and put them totally separate into your network.

Matthias

Hi,

after sending the last reply i was looking at some other alternatives. I think you may be able to get around your problem by using ip nat ( network address translation) and translate the local peer ip address on the way out into your local lan to some address which is visible in that part of the network.

If you try to use ip nat with dlsw than have a look at CSCeb47150. I think the release note is descriptive enough. It introduced a new key word on the remote peer statement, to come around some specific problems with dlsw and ip nat.

thanks...

Matthias