Views
Helpful
Replies

Does NXOS 4.2.6 has support of Private-vlan on etherchannel

Shankar K
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nexus Experts,

My customer has deployed NEXUS7K infra with code 4.2.6. Now he is planning to use feature PVLAN support on etherchannel. Could you please confirm if this is feature supported on etherchannel or do you have any other recommendation. Please help..

I don't have any related configs to showcase here

Thanks,

Shankar K

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can

The port channel is like any other interface except it is logical that bind multiple interfaces

See the bellow link for more details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/layer2/configuration/guide/Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_Layer_2_Switching_Configuration_Guide_Release_5.x_chapter6.html

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I know this thread is old, but the link you provided explicitly states that you cannot use PVLAN on Port-Channel interfaces.

Private VLAN Port Configuration

Follow these guidelines when configuring private VLAN ports:

• Use only the private VLAN configuration commands to assign ports to primary, isolated, or community VLANs.
  • The Layer 2 access ports that are assigned to the VLANs that you configure as primary, isolated, or community VLANs are inactive while the VLAN is part of the private VLAN configuration. Layer 2 trunk interfaces, which may carry private VLANs, are active and remain part of the STP database.
  • Do not configure ports that belong to a port-channel group as private VLAN ports. While a port is part of the private VLAN configuration, any port-channel configuration for it is inactive.
  • If you delete a VLAN used in the private VLAN configuration, the private VLAN ports that are associated with the VLAN become inactive.