Views
Helpful
Replies

DR site

waridtel.com
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a primary datacenter and am planning to have another datacenter which would be the DR Site. What Cisco products should be used for having a DR Site and how can I implement it.

Best Regards,

Rahim

10 Replies 10

GSS is the Cisco's solution for Data center level Disaster recovery.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

bhedlund
Level 4
Level 4

GSS is just one part of the overall end-to-end solution. Howerver there are many other pieces to the puzzle. Here a just a few:

-SAN Replication

(powered by a storage vendor solution like EMC RecoverPoint or HP Continuous Access ... either one enabled by a Cisco MDS SAN fabric)

-Load Balancers

(provides a level of abstraction & virtualization of the application IP address and the server IP address -- thus making failing over an application to another site much easier ... ACE - CSM - CSS)

-Server Virtualization

(VMWare or VFrame - provides a level of abstraction and virtualization of the applicaion and OS from the physical server hardware -- thus making failing a server transparent to the application)

-Optical -- DWDM and CWDM

(often the best choice for a separate back-end datacenter-to-datacenter connection -- powered by a darkfiber service provider such as Above NET and Cisco ONS)

-GSS

(to provide site selection based on health as assesed by your Load Balancers)

** See attached diagram I have developed showing the end-to-end multi-datacenter solution **

I use this diagram when I have discussions with Cisco customers like yourself about how to implement multiple datacenters with the latest technology Cisco has to offer.

Hope this helps. Please give this post a quick rating ;)

-Brad

Hello Brad ,

The attached networking drawing help m ealot to design the Disaster recover site im implementing.

could u send it to me as Visio file so i can customize it . here is my address m.abuatiya@duc.com.com

Regards

Hi Brad,

Please send me the Visio version of the diagram. It would also help a great deal in my design.

My email is bwanyama@syntechug.com

Kind regards,

Bernard

Hello Brad ,

I am planning for Disaster Recovery site and Data Center Site. Your networking drawing is really helpful to design the DR site and DC site implementing.

I am planning for VFrame with VMWare ESX servers with VMotion and VDI too.

Could you please send me the Visio file, so i can customize it and share with the Netpro group too for discussions and clearing some doubts. Here is my address examples20001@yahoo.com

Regards

Visio if possible ?

Brad,

Do you have any other network design drawing between DR and DC sites. If so, it could be very helpful for me. here is my email: uugnaa_mns@yahoo.com

thanks in advance

Do you mind If I get a copy of the Visio drawing.  I always enjoy a nice template of something thats obviously very well done!   Rcoombz@me.com

s.david
Level 1
Level 1

Could i get a copy of the Visio Drawing?

mesa_test@yahoo.com

thanks

Could I also get a copy

mushtaq11@yahoo.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: