Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Host name unresolved

I configured everything thoroughly well and i can the ping the server as well but i can't reach the addresses which are configured in DNS Server,i get an error that Host Name Unresolved,let me attach the .pkt file.Thanks in advance.(I couldn't add the .pkt file.)Is there anybody help me add .pkt file or who knows the solution ?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi, 

Go to your PC's ip configuration

enter PC ip

subnet mask

Default gateway 

DNS SERVER IP (that ip which you have assigned to the DNS server)

The error "host name unresolved" comes when the DNS server box entery in that PC is 0.0.0.0,

So do type the DNS server ip in that PC, and run web browser, type DNS/IP.

It will work. 

DC 

Highlighted

same issue. solution doesnt help

Highlighted

i will follow you lets see my issue been solve or not bro

pure

Highlighted

Hi,

All my required configurations are correct. I found a problem with connection that is made to cloud and modem. I have fixed it by changing the options in cloud.

Thanks

Highlighted

Well, in that cause go to check the static DNS number that you configured in the router.

It should be the same ip address that you configured on the server, then check in the pc that the DNS number is the same in the computer.

For example:

router DNS static  address: 208.67.220.223

server DNS address should be the same: 208.67.220.223 (DHCP network settings)

check the pc and it has to be the same: 208.67.220.223 (just an example)

then release and renew the IP on the computer and then try to ping it again.

I hope it helps.

Highlighted

Hi,

i have connected two networks to the same DNS server, for example home network and office network providing static IP address. I have given all the addressing perfects including DNS address in the router. In my scenario iam able to ping the server from home network. whereas iam not able to ping from the office network, it is reflecting Host name unresolved.

could you please help in this regard.

thanks

srikanth

Highlighted

In this case, I would have a separate DNS server for each network who provide the service when the user is requesting it. or are u connecting 2 separate networks from one DNS server for any particular reason?

Highlighted

thanks for your support.
actually i have connected could in between the router and server.
when i made connections between them, the connections are turned up i found those are perfect. But later, after checking it thoroughly in the cloud settings the cable connection is not added. i have fixed the cable connection coaxial to ethernet in the settings and added them. Then my problem is resolved by providing IP address to router dynamically from DNS server.. which means i have used one server for DNS and DHCP services.
thanks
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

In PT, this thing happened if missed the "dns-server" command in router configuration when the IP dhcp pool enabled to obtain IPs and we need to tell the router while creating the DHCP pool what is our dns server. you may add it later but if do so, have renew ipconfig of the PC to pull the later info from updated pool.

Cheers!

Regards,

draj

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi! 

I had the same problem as you, to fix it go to the dns section on the server and make sure that the "dns service" is on. I hope I've helped

Content for Community-Ad