Views
Helpful
Replies

N5K L3 card

hans.velez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

what kind of features can i have with the L3 card in the Nexus 5K?? dynamic routing? static routing?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
what kind of features can i have with the L3 card in the Nexus 5K?? dynamic routing? static routing?

• Routing protocols: Static, Routing Information Protocol Version2 (RIPv2), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortest Path First Version 2 (OSPFv2), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)

• IPv6 Routing Protocols: Static, Open Shortest Path First Version 3 (OPFv3), Border Gateway Protocol (BGPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRPv6)

• IPv6 VRF Lite

View solution in original post

We primarily use 5k l3 ,foulest for "pod" based blocks of servers. There are limitations with the 5k relative to other more capable multilayer devices (4900m, 6500, etc), for instance fail rely small ospf tables, lack of PBR, etc. for an ospf nssa full of servers, works ok.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

• Routing protocols: Static, Routing Information Protocol Version2 (RIPv2), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortest Path First Version 2 (OSPFv2), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)

• IPv6 Routing Protocols: Static, Open Shortest Path First Version 3 (OPFv3), Border Gateway Protocol (BGPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRPv6)

• IPv6 VRF Lite

We primarily use 5k l3 ,foulest for "pod" based blocks of servers. There are limitations with the 5k relative to other more capable multilayer devices (4900m, 6500, etc), for instance fail rely small ospf tables, lack of PBR, etc. for an ospf nssa full of servers, works ok.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App