cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with either dhcp or connecting to the internet

jermworm
Level 1
Level 1

so im following a guided assignment and I have no clue what problem I'm running into so mainly I have to connect my packet tracer to a internet cloud packet tracer but I'm having a problem with first switch my PC1 and server1 is suppose to connect to DHCP so I can ping 11.1.1.10 and get on the internet with either pc1 or pc2 but I cant ping and cant connect to DHCP May I get some help? also before I started this I was able to connect to DHCP but whatever I did I now cant connect to DHCP. 

2 Replies 2

talhazafer010
Level 1
Level 1

Hey @jermworm,

I’ve been there, and it’s super frustrating when everything just stops working out of nowhere! It sounds like something might have changed with your DHCP setup or your connection to the internet cloud in Packet Tracer.

When I had a similar issue, I found that checking the IP configurations and making sure the DHCP server was correctly set up was key. Also, double-check that your devices are all connected properly to the switch and that the correct interfaces are configured. Sometimes, a small change can mess things up, like forgetting to assign the right VLAN or IP settings.

If you’re still stuck, try going back to the last point where everything was working and see what changes might have caused the problem. That helped me figure things out last time!

jermworm
Level 1
Level 1

@talhazafer010  Does the Vlan affects the Dhcp? I'm pretty new to cisco and taking classes to do cyber security how can I assign a vlan?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card