Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 1000V OS Upgrade

robert.horrigan
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I'm upgrading from 4.0(4)SV1(3) to 4.0(4)SV1(3d) in a test senario.  The upgrade of the VSM went fine.  When I upgrade the VEMs (no VUM)

vmware vem upgrade notify
VCP clicks accept in VCenter

vmware vem upgrade proceed

I get the following error:

%VMS-5-DVS_UPGRADE_INFO: VEM Upgrade is failed in vCenter. ERROR:  [VMware vCenter Server 4.1.0 build-345043] MethodFaul
t.summary.

Has anyone encountered this error before?  Any input as to the reason would be much appreciated.

/r

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chraman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob!

Since in this case you are doing the manual upgrade (no VUM), you can ignore the error message and proceed on to "vmware vem upgrade complete"

In Manual mode, you would have turned off VUM , as listed in the manual upgrade steps.   You do the vmware vem upgrade proceed to update the bundleID on the VC.  Since VUM is not running, you get the error.

Thanks

Chids

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

chraman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob!

Since in this case you are doing the manual upgrade (no VUM), you can ignore the error message and proceed on to "vmware vem upgrade complete"

In Manual mode, you would have turned off VUM , as listed in the manual upgrade steps.   You do the vmware vem upgrade proceed to update the bundleID on the VC.  Since VUM is not running, you get the error.

Thanks

Chids

Chids,

Got it.  Thanks a lot for the information.

/r

Rob

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card