cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5500 VPC

andrewchan01
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know is it possible to have 1 link for Peer link only.

And is it possible to use the outbound management port as peer keepalive link.

Furthermore, if the peer link is down. Is it all port under the VPC will be auto shutdown?           

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I want to know is it possible to have 1 link for Peer link only.

Yes, the reason you want 2 links is for redundancy, but it should work with one link

And is it possible to use the outbound management port as peer keepalive link.

Yes, it is recommended to use the out of band mgmt port (mgmt 0) for peer keep alive

Furthermore, if the peer link is down. Is it all port under the VPC will be auto shutdown?

No sure if I understand the question but if the peer link goes down, than what ever ports are in that vpc go down too.

HTH    

I want to know what kind of traffic will flow in between at the Peer Link?

Flooded unknown Unicast, STP BPDUs, Multicast, and data-traffic for  hosts that are single attached due to a vPC member-port failure.The  traffic going to the orphan ports may also end up on the VPC peer link.

HTH,

jerry

I also want to know is there any basic layer 3 function is support without layer 3 module on the nexus 5596

Please define "basic L3"???

It supports static route for inband management but no inter-VLAN routing.

HTH,

jerry

Layer 3 ECMP routing is it support without Layer 3 module ?

Also I want to confirm that

is it possible to have 1 link for Peer link only?

It is a L2 switch without the L3 module. ECMP is L3.

You can use 1 link for PL but it is not a best practice. Use it at your own risk.

Regards,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: