Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9348 ports speed capability

Sam.Preston
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I found documentation discrepancy about the ports speed capability of the Nexus 9348GC-FXP.

The datasheet from Cisco is : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-9000-series-switches/datasheet-c78-742284.html

This datasheet mentions about the ports configuration:

1) "4 x 10/25-Gbpp SFP28 ports"  (see table 2 of the doc) 

2) "The 4 ports of SFP28 can be configured as 1/10/25-Gbps"  (see figure 3 of the doc)

Both statements above are contradictory. So do these 4 ports support 1-Gbps or not?

I tried to connect a 1-Gbps SFP (which is correctly detected) but the link doesn't come up, despite being serviceable (I have tested on another non-Nexus switch).

Worth mentioning that a "show interface" on the switch gives this output: "Hardware: 1000/10000/25000 Ethernet".

Thanks a lot in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Spoke with one of the PMs and they noted that the 4p SFP28 can support 1/10/25G.

The datasheet will be updated to reflect that consistently.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally I do not believe this support 1GB

9348GC-FXP. - 4 x 10/25-Gbps SFP28 port  - as I remember it was not worked for me when i was installed for one of my customers some time back, even though it was detected.  If I recall I have to use 10GB  for uplink to a parent switch.

(not sure if the things were changed here).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I agree with Balaji.

The 9348GC-FXP specific model does not seem to support 1Gb on those ports.

Kirk...

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Spoke with one of the PMs and they noted that the 4p SFP28 can support 1/10/25G.

The datasheet will be updated to reflect that consistently.

Kirk...

Good to know "1/10/25G" has support - is this tested ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Yes I have just tested and I confirm that I was able to make these ports come up at 1-Gbps with 1000BASE-SX transceivers. 

Good to know that the documentation will be updated accordingly.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: