cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help?? Driver problems?

Subwaterr
Level 1
Level 1

I just bought a MCS 7835-H1 and installed windows XP on it and it will not install the ethernet controller so I can not use or access the internet that brings me to this question. Does any have or know where i can get the drives for this?    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jimmy,

The MCS 7835 is a re-badged HP DL380 G5.  You should be able to find the drivers from the HP website.  The NIC hardware should be standard.  I wouldn't imagine there would be much support for XP though.  Most server platforms only support server OSes.  You might get lucky with the Windows 2000 driver.  The base build of XP and 2000 are the same.  The NICs will be Intel or Broadcom - try both.

Regards,

Robertt

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jimmy,

The MCS 7835 is a re-badged HP DL380 G5.  You should be able to find the drivers from the HP website.  The NIC hardware should be standard.  I wouldn't imagine there would be much support for XP though.  Most server platforms only support server OSes.  You might get lucky with the Windows 2000 driver.  The base build of XP and 2000 are the same.  The NICs will be Intel or Broadcom - try both.

Regards,

Robertt

Robertt,

Thank you for your help it is much apriciated. Being a 17 year old you can't always think things are going to go as planned. I did solve my problem, but a completely different way than what was suggest in your post. I was browsing some Ubuntu forums, and looking at my specific piece of hardware. Then i came acrossed the name of the Ethernet controller, and from there I just looked up the Windows XP driver

Jimmy