cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Nexus 1000V installation

bvj197222
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing Nexus 1000V, v.5.2.1, on a Win2012-server. I am following this guide, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus1000/hyperv/sw/5_2_1_s_m_1_5_1/install_upgrade/vsm_vem/guide/n1000v_gsg.pdf, and I have also downloaded the deployment guide etc. I'm running the Cisco.Nexus1000VInstaller.UI.exe under the VSM-directory. I never get passed the "Login to SCVMM"-gui. I am entering the correct ip (we're installing the 1000V on a different server, the SCVMM is running on a virtual node). When I click on "Next" nothing happens. No error messages, no nothing. The server is fully patched with Net 4.0, I have domain admin, there's no firewall between this physical host and the virtual host. We have done all the software requirements. And even if we hadn't, shouldn't the installer come up with some sort of error message? Or at least just say "error installation..."?

1 Reply 1

shraavan07
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do you have vCenter install on Win2012 Server? The installation would not continue until you have vCenter installed.

Hardik