cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with 2.2(1d) server firmware

ronald.nutter
Level 1
Level 1

In preparing for a SAN install in the next couple of weeks, I applied the latest updates using the infrastructure and server firmware packages to my UCS chassis.  The infrastructure upgrade/update applied without incident.  Cant say the same for the Server firmware update.  Applied 2.2(1d) package.

After the reboot  when finished with the Server Firmware package, I noticed several issues.

1) In UCSM, the chassis graphic is flagging errors on each of the blades on local disk #2 and the chassis with no explanation

2) In the faults tab, I see errors about missing drives 1 and 2 on blades 2 and 4.  These are flagged as severity info on each of the 4 error messages. Vmware ESXi is not showing any errors with not being able to talk to any drives on any of the blades

I have a case open with TAC on this already.  Wanted to see if any one else had noticed this issue.

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Hello Ronald, 

1) In UCSM, the chassis graphic is flagging errors on each of the blades on local disk #2 and the chassis with no explanation:

A/ Please provide an screenshot showing the specific errors you see.

2) In the faults tab, I see errors about missing drives 1 and 2 on blades 2 and 4.  These are flagged as severity info on each of the 4 error messages. Vmware ESXi is not showing any errors with not being able to talk to any drives on any of the blades

A/ Do the disks show up as operable in UCSM at least (even though it says missing)?  Have you tried to reack the blade?  that happened to me a while ago and that solved the issue that time

Rate ALL helpful answers.

-Kenny

Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing.  one drive on each blade is showing the warning sign.  The error messages indicate that both drives on two blades are missing.  VMware ESXi is showing the drives as ok.

TAC did have me re-ack one of the blades but that didnt fix the problem.

Please go to one of the servers> Inventory> Storage and expand the disks. (attach an screenshot for that please, I wanna see the disk's status)

Also, what is the version of the following components:

UCSM:

CIMC:

BIOS:

Adapter:

Don't forget to rate ALL helpful answers.

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: