Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with HSRP and vPC third party NetApp NAS Storage

Luis Perez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone based in this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/unicast/configuration/guide/l3_hsrp.html#wp1509509

vPC Peer Gateway and HSRP have problems with some thir-party devices, i think this is the problem that i have when i try to access to a shared folder in a NetApp storage which gateway is configured in a pair of Nexus 7k with HSRP, the document said:

"Some third-party devices can ignore the HSRP virtual MAC address and instead use the source MAC address of an HSRP router. in a vPC environment, the packets using this source MAC address may be sent across the vPC peer link, causing a potential dropped packet. Configure the vPC peer gateway to enable the HSRP routers to directly handle packets sent to the local vPC peer MAC address and the remote vPC peer MAC address, as well as the HSRP virtual MAC address. "

How can I configure the vpc peer gateway to enable hsrp routers to directly handle packets sent to the local vPC peer MAC address and the remote vPC peer MAC address, as well as the HSRP vritual MAC address???

1 Reply 1

Luis Perez
Level 1
Level 1

I've configured peer-gateway in the vpc domain in both Nexus 7k