Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PVlan N5k-UCS-N1K

Hello,

I have an architecture with N5k-UCS-N1K(ESXi) where private-vlan need pass to virtual machine inerface. I set the whole environment but not get it to work properly the PVLAN through the UCS.

My configuration is

- N5K

- Vlan 2200 primary, 2201 isolated, 2202 comunity

- Po200: Promiscuous conected to Cisco ASA (L3 Gateway of vlans)

- Po10: Interconection trunk with UCS with vlan 2200-2202 as regulars vlan

- Fabric InterConnect

- Vlans 2200-2202 as regulars vlan

- 2xvnics with server

- N1K

- Vlan 2200 primary. 2201 isolated, 2202 comunity

- port-profile  port-channel uplink trunk with vlan 2200-2202 as regulars vlan

- prot-profile vethernet with 2201 as isolated

- prot-profile vethernet with 2202 as comunity

I know that in N5k the private vlans work ok because i can ping to ASA from a machine connected to n5k in vlan 2201. I know that it work ok in n1k because i can ping between two vm in 2202 in same host and can't ping if the virtual machine is in 2201. My problema is that from vm in one host I can not ping either the ASA or virtual machines on another host.

Is my architecture ok, or i can a problem of concept?.

Regards.

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ernesto

Do you know

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-b-series-blade-servers/116310-config-ucs-pvlan-00.html

and the pvlan limitations in UCS ?

• Only isolated ports are supported in UCS. With the N1K incorporated, you can use community VLANs, but the promiscuous port must be on the N1K as well.
  • A server virtual Network Interface Controller (vNIC) in UCS cannot carry both a regular and an isolated VLAN unless on Version 2.2(2c) and later.
  • There is no support for promiscuous ports/trunks, community ports/trunks, or isolated trunks.
  • Promiscuous ports need to be outside the UCS domain, such as an upstream switch/router or a downstream N1K.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply Walter.

I know the limitations of UCS with pvlans, but i think that it don't impact in my environment because the UCS don't know about pvlans. All is in n5k (promiscuous, comunity and isolated ports) and n1k (comunity and isolated), and i have 2.2.3f version that support transport of regular an pvlans.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: