cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220 M4S CIMC Upgrade Question (Running 2.0 - 10b)

-meb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I`m trying to get my CIMC upgrade on a C220 M4 Server from 2.0 (10b). Researched this forum and I understand I`m fairly behind on this and there are a few ways to get it upgraded in which I choose to download Firefox 81.0.1 that allows me to run Flash and have access to my CIMC upgrade via GUI. These are standalone hosts that have not had an update in a long time and since im not as familiar with Cisco Server Upgrades I`m reaching out for guidance.

1. First off, has anyone done upgrade using Firefox legacy version? Or what is really the preferable way to run the upgrade?
  2. Can I go from 2.0 to 4.0 or I need to jump to 3.0 first then 4.0?

I appreciate the guidance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

-meb
Level 1
Level 1

So I was able to get to the vKVM using a Windows 7 machine, Firefox 81 and Flash installed. Mapped the HUU iso and selected the Cisco vKVM-Mapped vDVD1.22 as described here: 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

-meb
Level 1
Level 1

I found the helpful post https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system/cisco-standalone-c-series-huu-utilities/ta-p/3638543 however when I try to launch the KVM it download the JNLP file and it wont open the actual KVM.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@-meb wrote:
  1. Can I go from 2.0 to 4.0 or I need to jump to 3.0 first then 4.0?

Intermediate upgrade to 3.0 is required.  

Thanks @Leo Laohoo I appreciate the response on this. Would you know how to get the virtual KVM enabled since I am having issues with Firefox/Java?

Try Pale Moon browser.

That did not work either. Can I run the update on 2.0 version via CLI?

-meb
Level 1
Level 1

So I was able to get to the vKVM using a Windows 7 machine, Firefox 81 and Flash installed. Mapped the HUU iso and selected the Cisco vKVM-Mapped vDVD1.22 as described here: 

Alright so was able to upgrade to 3.0 (4r) and from their i have HTML 5 enabled. I should be good now.

Thanks @Leo Laohoo for your time

@-meb wrote:

Gotta say Cisco Software is not intuitive at all. 

I always tell people who have never done a CIMC upgrade to avoid reading Cisco's how-to definition of "documentation" or "guide" because it is not.  The documentation has been this state since I first read it back in 2016 and recent releases or software update is just a cut-n-paste of the previous version.  CCNP, after all, means Cisco Cut-N-Paste.  

@Rasika Nayanajith has made effort to generate an easy-to-understand guide to CIMC upgrade (Standalone and HA).

Hope this helps.