Views
Helpful
Replies

VPC Peer-link don't up

MKH
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We  want to substitute two N5596UP with two N5696Q acting as a vPC peers. After change all the portchannel and VPCs were up state. We missed the vPC peer-link between two of them after 3 hours, but we didn’t miss the vPC peer-keepalive link. We shuted/noshuted the portchannel of peer-link but it didn’t work. We changed the portchannel id number but it didn’t work again. We reloaded two switches but the peerlink didn’t work.

We turned off one of the switches, then one side of our network is up. All the portchannel and VPCs are up now but we don’t what ‘s wrong.

We use Huawei balde switch CX310(two of them stacked together) and CX912(two of them stacked together)  for our blade and N5ks are their distribution switches. We config lacp mode static on them and disable the spanning tree and BPDU receiving on them. Before change they have worked correctly.

What is the problem,that causes the vPC peer-link doesn’t come back again?

Thank you.

14 Replies 14

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,

Share a quick sketch and your file isn't attached to the post.
If 1 side is UP when alone and issues when both are UP, it looks like a misconfiguration and stp is maybe putting down some ports... As soon as we get the info, I can review it to help you out on that issue

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi

I really appreciate for your consideration.

Please find your requested information in the attached file and don't hesitate to ask any questions that you may have about our issue.

Thank you.

I see you changed your 1st post where you're saying a tech-support file was shared but not in.

Can you share the config please?

On your design, you should have on each Nexus:

- 1 VPC Peer-Link

- 1 port-channel and VPN fron Nexus going down to Huawei stack switches

At the end, the 4 links from Nexus to your Huawei stack is 1 big port-channel/vPC

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi

Yes.I have changed my first post, because I can not share tech-support.I am so sorry about that.

I have shared your requested config.

Thank you.

Can you send the output from "show vpc" and "show vpc consistency-parameters"

The config looks good the only thing I did notice is that under the interface you have "switchport mode trunk" under the physical interfaces. I would remove that and only have the configurations under the port-channel. That has bitten me in the past. After you do that shut/no shut the int and port-channels to see if it will come up.

Can you drop the output of show vpc, show vpc consist and show port-channel summary

Thanks
Francesco

Hi

Please find the attached requested commands log.

Thank you.

Hi

Does your management interfaces are up on both side?
It says: Suspended (Destination IP not reachable)

Can you add "vrf management" at the end of your command: peer-keepalive destination 10.115.32.66 source 10.115.32.65 on both switches?

Thanks
Francesco

Hi

Yes, two management interfaces are up on both side. I have disconnect another one link physically for avoid undesirable event.

I have done your proposed command with "vrf management".The command can apply correctly, but in "show run" hasn't display.

Thank you. 

Can you also check the physical connectivity between both switches?
In your outputs it seems interfaces are down:
Po1(SD) Eth LACP Eth1/11(D) Eth2/11(D)

Thanks
Francesco

Hi

As I said when all of the connection were up physically, My peer-links don't goes up, and in "show vpc" I saw "peer-link is down".Now I disconnect these port deliberately.

Thank you.

I understand that but put back one port to get outputs and then the second port to see what's happening (show vpc... And spanning-tree...)

Thanks
Francesco

Typically the VRF management won't show up as it's the default option. It will only show if it's another VRF besides management.

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
Did you ever get the VPC up?