Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

VSM - VEM Connection Problems and Failure to remove VEM or readd to ESXi

Hello

I have many questions to help with

as I have Nexus 1000V on an ESXi2 and was trying to add ESXi1 to

all ports were showing down

so after checking configuration on ESXi's , they both show the old ip of Nexus while i set a new ip in different range but with no luck , unable to make Connection operational and ports of ESXi1 when trying to add showing as administrativly blocked even they are not blocked from physical side

1) Is there a way to change that IP manually on ESXi itself ? what about the Gateway ?

2) I was trying to check removinf VEM and reinstalling the vib file but settings are back even after running swap scipt ! I dont know why !! I install successfully but fail to add and migrate ports because old configuration is still showing

what is the correct way to totally remove the vem and its related configuration ? ( please include a detailed procedure )

3)Can I have 2 IPs for management in same range ( one on Standard Switch and Second on the Nexus ) and communicate with other Standard Switch for other ESXi with same range ( and VLAN ) ?

4) how to use VUM to sync configuration or deployment of VEM ?

5) Wht does it mean if on Graphical you see wrong version for VSM ? what is that related to ? plugin ? how to repair that ?

appreciate your help in advance

Thanks

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Cisco Employee

VSM - VEM Connection Problems and Failure to remove VEM or readd

Hello Sami,

To start with, we need to understand your setup.

Please provide output of following commands from

ESXi host

vmware -v

esxcfg-nics -l

esxcfg-vswitch -l

vem status -v

VSM

show version

show svs domain

show svs nei

show svs connection

Padma