Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
kcolberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Support APIs allow Partner Support Services (PSS) partners and Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) customers to programmatically access and consume Cisco data in the cloud in a simple, secure and scalable manner. And now the Support APIs' documentation, forums, blogs can be found on DevNet.

We have nine APIs currently available:

• Automated Software Distribution API provides software information and download URLs to assist you in upgrading your device/application to a specified software release. (PSS,SNTC)
  • Bug API provides access to Cisco software defect (bug) information by Bug ID, or a list of bugs associated with a Product ID (PID) filtered by keywords, affected software release, or fixed-in software release. (PSS,SNTC)
  • Case API provides read access to TAC Support Case information based on Support Case ID, user CCO ID, Contract ID or Customer ID.  (PSS only)
  • EoX API returns End of Life (EoX) information for both hardware and software based Cisco products. (PSS,SNTC)
  • Product Information API is used along with the Serial Number to Information API and the EoX API to power Cisco's My Devices - a simple, but powerful and effective utility to manage your Cisco Devices. (PSS,SNTC)
  • Service Order Return API provides access to Cisco Return Material Authorization (RMA) information for a specific return, or several returns for a given user. (PSS,SNTC)
  • Serial Number to Information API is used within Cisco’s Device Coverage Checker to provide warranty and support coverage information for a given set of serial numbers. (PSS,SNTC)
  • Software Suggestion API, often used with Automated Software Distribution API, provides suggested software releases (based on stability, reliability and adoption rate) for a given product identifier and software attributes. (PSS,SNTC)
  • Trends API provides access to aggregate and contextual trending information related to Cisco bugs, webpages, software downloads and product ids present in either Cisco support cases or Cisco Support website. (PSS,SNTC)

You can also find technical details and information about the Cisco Support APIs at the new Cisco DevNet: Support APIs site. We know you’ll want to actively engage to learn more, so we have also created a Support APIs community where users can get additional technical content, collaborate with peers, exchange sample code, and ask questions.

10 Comments

Hi kcolberg

i am trying to use the EOX APIs , however i can't see them listed on My API page on Cisco API Console portal.

do you have an idea what could be the problem ?

kcolberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Moussa,

The Support APIs, including EOX API, are included in the Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) service offer for customers and Partner Support Service (PSS) offer for partners. At the top of Support APIs DevNet site are two Getting Started links, outlining the steps needed to get access depending on whether you are a PSS partner or SNTC customer.

Regards,

Keith

maksokami
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I couldn't find it, so asking here. Is there an API for the SNTC portal that would allow to download custom device inventory csv?

Thank you

kcolberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Maria,

The SNTC APIs (a.k.a. Services APIs) will be starting early customer trials soon. I would imagine the SNTC Support Community will have an announcement once they are available to all customers.

And in the meantime, you can create a csv through the portal itself Library --> Inventory --> Custom inventory --> Actions Menu --> CSV.

Regards,

Keith

kawoo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to have access to Cisco Support APIs if we're not a SNTC customer or PSS partner, but a Cisco internal employee?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Karen

bponnapalli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, how do I login to this https://api.cisco.com/ using postman or python or curl . I'm trying to access https://api.cisco.com/sn2info/v2/coverage/status/serial_numbers/ page. CCO ID which I'm using is associated with multiple contracts.

As of now I'm getting 403 error. 

Thanks 

rfujii
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Keith,

If we are a network management ISV and Cisco Solution Partner, that is looking to add enhanced support for flagging Cisco EOX hardware and software found in our customer environments.  Are we able to gain access and use/test the EOX API?  We would be looking to add this to our on-premises products that monitor and manage Cisco gear.  We do not have a relationship with our joint customers that would allow us to qualify as a PSS partner.

If so, how can we obtain a test account and can you point us at any "Terms & Conditions" of usage?

. . . all very new to me. Is there any sample python code for making a simple EOL request using a serial number?

Thanks,
Steve

Shail
Level 1
Level 1

On registering our application and using the credentials generated all the APIs work just(i.e. return valid response) fine except Case API.

API/Operation: CASE API: GET https://developer.cisco.com/docs/support-apis/#!case/get-case-details

URL: https://api.cisco.com/case/v3 /cases/details/case_id/691537394

We receive the following error for any Case Id that we try to fetch details for

Response:

{

"ErrorResponse": {

"APIError": [

{

"ErrorCode": "INVALID_USERID",

"ErrorDescription": "User ID Not Entitled.",

"SuggestedAction": "Please check entitlement for provided CCO ID"

}

]

}

}

Could someone let us know what is the missing entitlement or permission why we are not able to get valid case details and how to resolve this issue?

David Gray
Level 1
Level 1

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I work for a partner, but we are also SNTC customers.  We have the collector installed and running, gathering our install base.  I've got a CCO user account that has been given API Developer role within the CSAM tool for my company.  We've been able to generate API keys for the 'Services' API using the tool at https://anypoint.mulesoft.com/apiplatform/apx/.  I am successfully using the Services API.

I'm trying to create an API key for the Support APIs, because I'd like to use the 'Serial Number to Information' API.  Given that I've got API Developer role in CSAM for my company, I have logged into https://apiconsole.cisco.com and created an application - but I don't see any of the specific 'Support APIs' in the list of APIs I can select at this tool.  All I see are:

- CEEM API

- Cisco Carlsbad IT QA

- Cisco On Demand CHIDS API

- Cisco PSIRT openVuln API

- Corona API

- Datacoundation - POE

- Hello API

- HelloCommerce API

- IMR GATEWAY API

I believe I have the right role within CSAM, and I'm following the instructions in the devnet site about the Support APIs - yet I am unable to create any keys.  I've been working on this for several months now, and have been unable to find anyone who can provide any help, other than simply referring me back to the documents that I've already followed.

Is there anyone who can help with this?  Are the Support APIs still supported?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: