Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco API access for applications?

Andref
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks

I'm not sure if I am understanding the API access correctly, so could somebody let me know on this one please.

We are building an in-house app that makes use of some of the API's, specifically EOL and BUG. Currently we are using the CCO account of one of the developers to create the "app" registration on the API Portal to get the connection credentials for our app, and this all works well.

However, are these credentials then linked to this specific CCO user? In other words, if this CCO account is deleted, will our application access to the API cease to work as well?

I'm assuming this will be the case, in which case, how does one make an application that accesses the Support API's not rely on an individuals CCO account? Is there the concept of a "service" account like in Windows OS?

Or am I missing something here?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Manish.Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

For intent of generating OAuth2 token you only need the API client ID and secret. I just wrote a Python script to check hardware EOL using Client ID and secret created by another member in my team. Not sure what happens when CCO account is closed, my advise would be not to hard code the API creds and request the Creds on application run, that way you can always reuse another creds when you need

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: