cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software Suggestion API mdfId

lucabrasi
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, I'm using Product Information API to find suggested software: https://api.cisco.com/software/suggestion/v2/suggestions/releases/productIds/ISR4321/K9 I've noticed it is possible to search by mdfId as well instead of Product ID. Is there any place where I can find the entire list of mdfId of productId supported ? At the moment, I have to manually map entries from our inventory SNMP sysObject MIB to the correct Product ID. Thanks in advance.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kcolberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Product Info API has the Get Product MDF Information by Product Id(s) method, which will return the mapped MDF IDs for a given PID.

But, I am not sure that will help you. I know next to nothing about SNMP, but I am pretty sure the MDF ID is not the same as sysObjectID, so I am not sure how knowing the MDF IDs associated to a given PID will help you eliminate the mapping.

Regards,

Keith

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kcolberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Product Info API has the Get Product MDF Information by Product Id(s) method, which will return the mapped MDF IDs for a given PID.

But, I am not sure that will help you. I know next to nothing about SNMP, but I am pretty sure the MDF ID is not the same as sysObjectID, so I am not sure how knowing the MDF IDs associated to a given PID will help you eliminate the mapping.

Regards,

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the update.

I found a reliable way of getting the info I required via 2-stages:

- Query sn2info API with our devices serial numbers to get the PID

- With correct PID from previous step, I'm able to get the suggested software.

Regards

@kcolberg 

Sorry! this is off topic. I am struggling to get the software suggestion API, but I am not getting authorised. My bearer token is valid and I get a 200 OK response from GET https://api.cisco.com/hello (I have enabled hello api under My Application)

But my query GET https://api.cisco.com/software/suggestion/v2/suggestions/compatible/productId/CISCO3945E

is not being authorised.

That the Cisco documentation on this portal is not elaborate and the names are not self-explanatory, I am finding it really hard to hit the correct API. Also I am not getting much help from Cisco Devnet Webex teams on this.

May I ask you which API under 'My Applications' did you enable to get that response you mentioned. This would be of a great help to me.

Your application needs to be associated with SW Suggestion API, like it is with Hello API, otherwise tokens generated with that client ID will get a not authorized. If you don't see SW Suggestion in your list of available APIs to add to your application, you need to go through the on-boarding process to be authorized to use the Support APIs. See either the SNTC or PSS getting started links from the Support APIs DevNet site. Once authorized, you'll see SW Suggestion and the other Support APIs in your list of available APIs and you'll be able to add it to your app.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: