cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 on Cisco RV345 on IPv4 Only ISP?

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

We're moving from our ISP-supplied Cambium Networks router to a Cisco RV345 in March. Our ISP currently only supports IPv4 (we've confirmed this with an IPv6 test). 

I know the Cisco RV345 can support dual IPv4/IPv6 mode, or we can disable IPv6 mode and run the router in IPv4 mode only.

Is there any reason to run the Cisco RV345 in dual IPv4/IPv6 mode if our ISP supports IPv4 only, or should we disable IPv6 on the router and run it solely in IPv4 mode?

Thanks!

Nathan Parker
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I understand correctly you like only IPv4, then by default most of the device comes with IPv4 only, so it should work as expected.

If you do not have any IPv6 inside the network, there is no need for IPv6, you can disable.

hope is this makes sense?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I understand correctly you like only IPv4, then by default most of the device comes with IPv4 only, so it should work as expected.

If you do not have any IPv6 inside the network, there is no need for IPv6, you can disable.

hope is this makes sense?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

That is correct. The ISP is IPv4 only from the WAN onward (they haven't rolled out IPv4), and we're not using IPv6 on the LAN. So it sounds like running it in IPv4 only mode is what we need. Thanks!

Nathan Parker