cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV-340W Wireless Password Resetting

ac8200
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem where the wireless password seems to expire every day (don't know if it is exactly 24 hours), but a wireless password that works one day fails the next day on multiple Window 10 computers.

I have looked in the settings for any timeouts that need to be set and I cannot find any.   The only password expiry setting I see is the one for the router itself.   It is currently set not to expire.

Am I missing something in the settings or is there another possible reason for why a windows client can hook up one day and not the next ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not see any settings like this in the document, which has any password expiry

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5622-configure-basic-wireless-settings-on-the-rv340w-router.html

how are you resolving the issue, by reset password ?

when you have issue worth look at the Logs on the device also run some wireshark on PC see what is wrong ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the information.   Like you I didn't see anything in the documentation. 

Yes, we reset the password, but that is a pain.    I will check the logs and see if anything jumps out at me.  I hope to avoid wireshark, but if I cannot any suggestions on what to look for beyond some detail in the packets ?

Alex

Since this was specific to your environment, not that i aware any one reported. good to have more debug logs, which enable us to understand the where the issue resides.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help